Friday, August 3, 2012

Save the Grameen Bank Appeals shocked Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus said,Bangladesh


BANGLADESH NEWS

This is what Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus said after the government empowered the Grameen Bank chairman in choosing a managing director for the microlender.
Here is the statement of the Grameen Bank founder:
"I had always expressed this apprehension. Now my apprehension has started to translate into a reality. I am extremely sorry that we could not be successful in forestalling this process. I am very disheartened to see that the poor is being deprived of the ownership of the bank they run and of the power to exercise their ownership."
"I am so dejected that I have become unable to express my feelings. I am requesting the people of Bangladesh who are feeling dejected like me to tell the government that a big mistake is being done and the government should abstain itself from doing it."
"This government decision will destroy the bank of the poor and the country's bank of pride. I request the countrymen to come forward to protect the property of the poor and the country. I also request the poor owners of Grameen Bank to urge the government and their fellow countrymen so that they do not curb their rights to exercise ownership."

No comments:

Post a Comment